Monday, October 6, 2008

Brotherly love


Some of you might be wondering why I posted this obviously old picture of Cole and Avery. Well this picture might be the last time Cole showed affection for his sister in a loving way---that is until yesterday.
Yesterday afternoon Cole was playing with his trains in the dining room making tracks under the chairs. Avery was sitting next to him. Thad and I sneaked to see what was going on and found Cole "reading" a book to his sister. The next thing we knew he was tickling her and then leaned over and said "love you, Avery"! Completely unprovoked, unscripted, just a brother being sweet to his sister. Thad and I both got a bit choked up---we knew he really liked her!



9 comments:

Brittney Withers said...

How sweet is that!! Thanks for sharing.

Grammy said...

Carrie, that is awesome! What did Avery do? I bet she was thrilled at his attention and love!

Brooklyn's Grammy

Kelly said...

Awwww that is SO sweet! I love it - and I love this picture of the kiddos, even if it is old. They are both so adorable!

Anonymous said...

And this is what it is all about!! :) Now i want to cry

Girl Power 2 Cure said...

ok, that made me cry too --- yay Cole!

Abbysworld said...

What a great moment for you. Very sweet.
---
Carrie-Yes ABby has pronation in both her ankles. They turn out and under. More severe with her right foot. SHe has a much better gait and stability with the afo's

Abbysworld said...

Sorry Carrie that was supposed to be in and under. ALmost luke she is walking on her inner anklebone sometimes if that makes better sense.

Anonymous said...

I knew my Coley-cole had it in him. He can be soooo sweet when he is not being a stink. He will be her protector. You did a great job raising him. I know he wil be successful in life.
Love all ya'll
Gigi

ncg said...

God gives us moments doesn't He:) Glad to hear it!!