Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Avery and Riley

I don't recall exactly how Erin and I became friends on this Rett journey but I'm so glad we did. Avery and I are fortunate enough to see Erin and Riley (and the rest of the Bleske bunch) every spring when they come and vacation at the beach. Today was one of those lucky days. We met them for lunch at lulu's. The weather, food and friends were just what I needed!
I have to admit though, this time made me kind of sad. Avery was such a strong walker the first year we visited with them. Last year was slightly worse but she could still walk. This year no walking at all. I'm hoping (and praying) that she can regain some of the walking skills but she has SO far to go to be back at that point. Her poor calves are almost non existent. The muscle loss from surgery and casting has really taken its toll on her.

Here are pics from the all 3 years!

20092010
2011

7 comments:

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

My Evalyn was able to use a walker. She could cruise easily. But after two or three significant regressions, and a prolonged illness we too are working on building up muscle tone.

But.

It is so fun to see pics together, and over three years too! Congrats on the friendship and support that is. They are gorgeous girls.

Rene Davis said...

They are both so beautiful! Love you Carrie, you keep your chin up! Hugs!

nikki johnson said...

Hi Avery.....I am soooo happy to have found your blog. I found it thru a nurse that cared for you at one time @ SHH. Miss Shanny, gave me your blog address. My little girl Ashlin has Rett Syndrome. We also see Dr. Percy and Miss Jane, too!!! And I was wanting to meet/talk to another family with a Rett Angel. I live in Pensacola/Milton. I would love to talk more with you guys, if you would like.
My email is LilNiki80@aol.com

robbie said...

great pics :)

Jenna said...

Hi
my name is Jenna and I came across your site. Avery is an amazing, courageous, strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, a beautiful smilen champ, and a inspirational hero. I am so glad she has a very special friend who shares the same thing as her, and is as special as she is. Both girls have beautiful smiles, and are very pretty and beautiful little girls.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease. www.miraclechamp.webs.com I love it when people sign my guestbook.

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Avery and Riley are beautiful. They are precious and special earthly angels. They are courageous, strong and determined fighters. They are brave warrior's, smilen champ's and inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Melissa said...

Would love to chat with you about your sweet girl. I have a 6 year old daughter with severe autism and am looking into Rett's Syndrome as well. She had bloodwork done 3 years ago that was negative but she's had a major regression since then.